Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mixed Mash Up

I'm not a pink person. I like it and the darker shades seem to complement my skin tone well but I just don't have the love that I should for pink. That's why I painted my nails... again... today. After I completed some school work that's due tonight I vegged out to youtube. Can I just say that I love YoungWildandPolished?! There are some people who don't like her for whatever reason but I love her sass and attitude. It reminds me of the way I would banter back and forth with people at my former workplace. I love it!

Anyhoo. I was catching up on my youtube and realized that I loved the way her nails looked. She does polka dots so beautifully. So I took out my dotting tools and decided to try them out. I don't practice them nearly enough and you can tell on some of the dots. But, we all know that practice makes progress (if I want to go as far and quote the Duggars). But it's completely true. These polka dots are way better than my first or second attempt! And I added a glittery accent nail because, well... why not?

For the plastic bag mani thumb and the polka dot nails I used China Glaze All Aboard and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls. My ring finger is L'oreal Sexy In Sequins. I did top SIS with 2 coats of American Classics Gelous (you can find this at Sally's Beauty) and all of the nails were then top coated with one coat of Seche Vite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment