Sunday, January 4, 2015

DIY Nail Stencils With Painters Tape

There's been a lot of talk about how to make your own nail vinyls. Nail vinyls can help make your nail art shine but the price can start to add up quickly. At $5 a sheet in most online stores the price of nail vinyls was a little too much for me. What's a girl to do??

Make her own, of course!!

I had seen a few tutorials using electrical tape but I didn't have any on hand and I really didn't want to go to the store. This is what got the wheels in my head turning... aha! Painter's tape!! It's sticky but not too sticky, inexpensive, and best of all  had some in my garage. I tried to cut it with pinking shears but soon realized that I was going about it the wrong way. The tape kept flopping all over the place and my shears were getting sticky. The next step in my thought process was to put the tape onto something to help stabilize it. 

Looking at a sheet of stickers in front of me I saw the slick side that the adhesive was attached to. It kinda looked like freezer paper to me (something that I also had on hand). So I put the tape onto the freezer paper and tried to cut it... it worked wonderfully! 

So here's a video I created that shows how I made my nails stencils. I can't really call them nail vinyls since they aren't made of vinyl. I hope this helps you and that you try it, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment